- 5 tbsp corn oil
- 8 large fresh green chillies, slit
- 1/2 tsp mixed onion seed and cumin seeds
- 4 curry leaves
- 1tsp ginger pulp
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic pulp
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 chicken, skinned and cut into pieces
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint ( I didn't put this one)
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 8 - 12 cherry tomatoes
- Heat the oil in the deep round-bottomed frying pan (skillet) or a medium karahi. Lower the heat slightly and add the slit green chillies. Fry until the skins start to change colour.
- Add in onion and cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger, chilli powder, ground coriander, garlic, salt and onions, and fry for a few seconds, stirring continuously.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 7 - 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked right through.
- Sprinkle on the lemon juice and add mint and coriander.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and serve with naan or paratha.
***Recipe from 'BALTI COOKING' by Shehzad Husain.