- 75gm split yellow lentils ( I used 1/2 cup)
- 4 tbsp corn oil ( I used normal cooking oil)
- 2 medium leeks, chopped ( I didn't put this)
- 6 large dried chillies
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp mango powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 450 gm boneless chicken, skinned and cubed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Put the lentils in a saucepan and add just enough water to cover. Bring to boil and cook for 10 minutes or until they are soft but not mushy. Drain thoroughly, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pre-heated wok until hot. Lower the heat and add the leeks, dried red chillies, curry leaves and mustard seeds and stir-fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mango powder, tomatoes, chilli powder, ground coriander and chicken. Season with salt and stir-fry for 7-10 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked lentils and fry for a further 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve immediately with paratha.
***Recipe from '60 HOTWOK RECIPES' by Linda Doeser