- 4 tbsp yogurt (natural flavor)
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds (habbatussauda)
- 4 cardamom pods
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 in cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tsp garlic pulp
- 1 tsp ginger pulp
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 chicken, skinned and cut into pieces
- 5 tbsp corn oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 fresh green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup cream ( I used coconut milk)
- Mix yogurt, black cumin seeds, cardamom, peppercorns, garam masala, cinnamon stick, ground almonds, garlic, ginger, chilli powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add chicken and leave to marinate for about 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a large karahi or deep round-bottomed frying pan (skillet). Throw in the onions and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in chicken mixture and stir until it is well blended with the onions.
- Cook over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the green chillies and fresh coriander and pour in the cream. Bring to boil and serve garnished with more coriander, if you wish.
***Recipe from 'BALTI COOKING' by Shehzad Husain