3 curry leaves
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1/4 onion seeds
1/2 tsp crushed dried red chillies
1/2 tsp white cumin seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp salt
1 tsp shredded ginger
3 garlic cloves, sliced
4 tbsp corn oil
4 fresh green chillies, slit
1 large onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, sliced
1/2 chicken cut into small pieces
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Mix together the curry leaves, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds, crushed red chillies, cumin seeds, and fenugreek seeds in a bowl. Add the salt.
- Add the shredded ginger and garlic cloves to the bowl.
- Heat the oil in the preheated wok. When the oil is hot, add the spice mixture, then green chillies.
- Add onion to the wok and stir-fry over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomato and chicken pieces to the wok and cook over a medium heat for about 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Stir mixture over the heat for a further 3-5 minutes, then garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with white rice or prata.
Note: Recipe from "60 HOTWOK RECIPES" by Linda Doeser