4 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp tamarind paste
4 tbsp water
11/2 tsp chili powder
11/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
11/2 tsp garlic pulp
11/2 tsp ginger pulp
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp poppy seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
11/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 chicken cut into 6-8 pieces
5 tbsp corn oil
8 curry leaves
1/2 tsp onion seeds
3 large dried red chillies
1/2 fenugreek seeds
10-12 cherry tomatoes ( I used 1 tomato, sliced)
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
2 fresh green chillies, chopped
- Put tomato ketchup, tamarind paste and water into a large bowl and blend together with a fork.
- Add chilli powder, salt, sugar, ginger, garlic, coconut, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, ground cumin and ground coriander to the mixture.
- Add chicken pieces to the bowl and stir until they are well coated with the spice mixture. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a preheated wok. When it is hot, add curry leaves, onion seeds, dried red chillies and fenugreek seeds and fry for 1 minute.
- Lower the heat to medium and add chicken pieces together with the sauce. Mix well.
- Simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, fresh coriander and green chillies to the wok and serve immediately.
Note: Recipe from "60 HOTWOK RECIPES" by Linda Doeser