500-750g mutton/beef/chicken - small cubes
500-750g (3-4 cups) Basmati rice - washed and soaked for 30 minutes.
1 tablespoon (20g) ginger paste
1 tablespoon (20g) garlic paste
1/2 medium-sized onion – slice
1 cup (200g) yougurt (plain) – whipped
1/2 cup milk
a bit of ghee/oil
3 tablespoon Pullao spices (shan’s brand)
a bit of salt
- In 1-2 glasses water add meat, ginger, garlic and Shan Pullao Biryani Spice Mix. Cover and boil on low heat until the meat is tender (when the meat is tender, about 1 cup of stock should remain in the pot.
- If less, add water. If more, increase heat to reduce it.
- Then pour the yogurt over the cooked meat.
- Separately: In 12 glasses of boiling water, stir in 2 tablespoons Shan Salt and then add the soaked rice. Boil the rice until more than half cooked. Remove from heat and thoroughly drain. Then mix the milk in the rice.
- Spread the rice over the meat. Then sprinkle dry food color over it. Make the ghee hot and fry sliced onion until golden. Sprinkle over the rice. Cover and cook on low heat until the rice is tender. Mix the meat and rice before serving.
Resepi ni diambil dari SINI tapi telah diubahsuai mengikut citarasa saya.